Powertecnique offers a range of additional engineer services recommended to assist you in correctly maintaining your critical and back-up power equipment. For details of our Load Bank testing, fuel maintenance visits and similar services please read on .
Generator Load Bank Testing
You’ve made a significant investment in your power generating equipment in order to support your load requirements in the event of a mains failure or indeed to provide you with power without the dependency on a mains supply. It’s essential that you are certain that your equipment is ready to support your power requirements should it be required. Our Load Bank service tests the whole system under controlled conditions and at a time to suit you.
Why Do You Need to Load Bank Test?
Load Bank testing constitutes an essential element of your preventive maintenance plan and business continuity planning to ensure your standby generator performs in the way that you expect it to perform and your business can continue to operate as required. This test checks the generator engine’s ability to perform and provide the power you need. Typically generators run at levels lower than their rated capability. A Load Bank test provides an artificial load that brings the engine to an acceptable operating load. This test ensures that any potential problems are identified in advance and provides you with the peace of mind that your generator will function correctly when required.
How Often Should You Load Bank Test
Over time generator sets that run on a light load can develop wet-stacking and carbon build-up in the combustion chambers and exhaust system. This can lead to increased oil and fuel consumption and poor engine performance. The use of a load bank helps prevent this and determines the generator’s capability to produce maximum output.
Regular testing reduces your risk profile and should be part of your business continuity planning. As a minimum we would recommend that you Load Bank test your generator annually as this will not only give you complete peace of mind but will also improve the generators performance and extend its serviceable life – protecting both your capital investment and your on-going business continuity. This can be part of your Service and Maintenance cover plan or arranged as a separate agreement.
Load Bank Test Benefits
- Powertecnique's planned Load Bank testing is by far the safest way to identify any potential points of failure and ensure that your Generator is fit for purpose
- Testing can be arranged outside of normal business operating times to minimise disruption
- Our Load Bank tests are fully documented and certificated to provide you with the evidence needed to prove that your equipment is fit for purpose
- Risk and Method statements ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, minimising risk to you
- Our Engineer will test your entire Generator electrical supply infrastructure, providing you with total confidence in your Generator power supply integrity.
What's included in Your Generator Load Bank Test?
- Your Load Bank test will be fully documented, providing you with the relevant evidence that your equipment is fit for purpose
- Complete and thorough test of your Generator, electrical supply, cabling, switchgear, fuses and other components
- Efficient and safe power requirement testing
- Mobile load banks of any size available, allowing testing of any installation anywhere within the UK.
Click here to arrange a Load Bank test or call us for more information.
Fuel Maintenance Servicing
Diesel engine fuel, when stored for extended periods of time is susceptible to natural deterioration causing contamination with foreign bodies including water, dirt and bacterial growth. When combined with oxidized fuel particles sludge is formed, causing filter blockages which can lead to your generator failing to start during a power interruption, or running intermittently risking catastrophic consequences. Powertecnique's Fuel Maintenance Servicing is intended to protect the integrity of your fuel supply to ensure that your generator's fuel system is not compromised resulting in generator failure and loss of power. It's a small investment to make to ensure your generator provides the performance you expect. This can be part of your Service and Maintenance cover plan or arranged as a separate agreement.
Why Do You Need Fuel System Maintenance?
Given the price of fuel, replacing contaminated fuel is now more expensive than ever. Powertecnique can now offer a clean and economic solution where diesel can be ‘polished’ on site and returned to the fuel tank. Our maintenance service reduces water, sludge and other contaminants to acceptable levels, eliminating the expense of totally removing or replacing the fuel. If power is critical to your business then generator fuel system maintenance is essential. Powertecnique’s Fuel System Maintenance service gives you peace of mind that your business is never at risk.
How Often Should You Maintain Your Fuel System?
Our recommendation is that your fuel system is maintained annually. This can be part of your Service and Maintenance cover plan or arranged as a separate agreement. Contact us today to understand more about how this service can protect your business operations.
Potential Unmaintained Fuel Problems Include
- Incomplete fuel combustion
- Carbon build-up
- Excessive Smoke
- Frequent filter changes
- Damaged seals & gaskets
- Reduced power output
- Complete engine failure
Fuel Maintenance Benefits
- Peace of mind that your back-up power will be ready when needed
- Removes all or most of the water and contaminants leaving fuel clean
- Improves filterability meaning fuel filter changes
- Helps reliable engine performance
- Avoids the cost of fuel replacement
- Quick and convenient service
- Environmentally friendly
- Helps good site safety
- Reduces risk of engine damage or failure
What's included in Your Fuel Maintenance Visit?
- Inspect fuel storage tank for integrity
- 2. Inspect fuel delivery system for integrity
- 3. Check compliance with Powertecnique minimum standards
- 4. Check all gauges and measures
- 5. Sample and inspect fuel for contamination
- 6. Polish fuel to remove dirt and contaminants
- 7. Check operation of valves
- 8. Fuel additive to prevent bio-mass build up
Generator Rental and Generator Hire
Standby and Prime Rated Generators for long-term generator hire or short-term generators hire contracts
Powertecnique generators, specifically designed for rental applications, can be provided for either standby or prime rated applications. These sets can be provided with or without changeover panels and can also be supported, if required, with external fuel tanks for extended prime rated applications. We can also provide full re-fuelling contracts if required, and these can be set up to ensure that your rental set never runs low on fuel.
All of our equipment is supplied, throughout the rental period with comprehensive service support and emergency callout facility. All of our rental plans can be extended again with very short notice in order to meet with your requirements which may change at any time
Understanding Your Needs
Powertecnique understands there can be various circumstances where there is a need for a temporary hire generator, often at short notice. The necessity for this type of requirement can be diverse, and can be based on short, medium or long-term hire agreements. We pride ourselves on providing rapid response generator hire on site, same day where possible. Whatever the generator rental requirement Powertecnique has considerable experience in providing hire equipment at very short notice. We provide a free site survey, equipment delivery, installation and commissioning all within a few hours from start to finish.
Our generator rental service is available to any business, not just those currently covered by our service and maintenance agreements. Customers have come to recognise Powertecnique as having an enviable fleet of hire generators.
Typical Generator rental applications include:
- Short project requirements
- Temporary generator replacement
- Disaster recovery
- Contingency planning
- Emergency response to total power failure
Features & Benefits of Generator Rental
Stand Alone High Efficiency Diesel Generator Rentals: utilising the latest technologies ranging from 5kVA to 2MVA.
All Inclusive Pricing: Competitive generator rental pricing includes full logistics, installation and commissioning services.
Fast Emergency Response: Our engineers can be on site within 4 hours ready to install your hire generator.
Flexible Plans: All of our generators rental plans can be extended with very short notice to meet with your requirements.
No Fixed Term:Short, medium or long term generator hire to meet all of your business needs.
Emergency Call-Out Facility: Industry leading emergency response times if required during rental period.
Service Support and Maintenance:All rental systems are backed up with Powertecnique's 24/7/365 technical support and comprehensive maintenance plans.
Book a FREE site survey NOW
Need more information on our generator rental service? Contact us now
If you are interested in short or long term hire and would like to find out more about our range of rental equipment please Contact us today.
Remotely Monitored Managed Service
'We're available when you're not. Our fully managed service means we constantly monitor your back-up power systems and act quickly to correct any issues'
PowerVue is our complete UPS and Generator remote monitoring technology enabling us to keep a watchful eye over your back-up power equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The technology is totally customisable and the monitoring is not limited to the equipment itself but can also monitor many external alarms such as fuel levels, temperature sensors and smoke alarms. We can even start your generator remotely and monitor it whilst it's running.
Continuous monitoring and management of your equipment by us helps to prevent a potential service failure and provides you with complete peace of mind, knowing that if your UPS or Generator experiences a fault condition Powervue will remotely communicate this to our server and on to service control where appropriate action can be taken either through remote access, diagnosis and fix or through the mobilisation of a Service Engineer, reducing downtime and reducing operating costs.
When used with a generator Powervue can monitor:
- Input voltage
- Output voltage/current/frequency
- Oil pressure
- Battery voltage
- Controller mode
- Engine RPM
- Fuel level percentage
- Engine running hours
- Plus many more
When used with a UPS Powervue can monitor:
- Input voltage/current/frequency
- Output voltage/current/frequency
- Bypass voltage/frequency
- Output peak currents
- Load percentage
- Battery voltage/current
- Remaining backup time
- UPS status indications
- Plus many more
Benefits of Powervue Fully Managed Service
- 24/7 remote monitoring of your standby generator and UPS systems giving complete peace of mind
- Alarm-triggered interrogation of parameters by qualified engineers for remote diagnosis
- Remote system tests and online reporting/analysis
- Reduction of operating costs through improved service and fault management
- Comprehensive management by Powertecnique's dedicated customer service team
- Reduced carbon footprint by the ability to remotely diagnose fault conditions leading to fewer site visits
- Secure wireless GPRS/GSM network so no need to access your own networks